Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Thirteen--Irrational Fears

This week I thought I'd make my list about some of my irrational fears. Don't ask me to explain them, that's what irrational means.

1. Potato peelers--I like to keep the skin on my fingers, thanks.

2. The Dentist--(notice the capitol letters) I do go for a yearly appointment, but need a serious dose of laughing gas before I can even sit in the chair.

3. Bugs--Insents remind me of little alien creatures. How do they walk on those thin stick legs?

4. Snakes--Just one large writhing digestive tract. Yuch!

5. Clowns--NOT funny, unsettling and annoying at best.

6. Deep water--And everything that might be hiding beneath it.

7. Being buried alive--In this day of embalming this is pretty unlikely, but just in case, cremate me would ya?

8. Tight places--What's up with those cave sprelunkers? Getting trapped in a narrow tunnel just freaks me out.

9. Cheese Graters--See number one.

10. Spiders--Hairy little crawly critters.

11. Choking on a bone--I cannot eat meat that has skin or bones on it.

12. Hooks--Fish hooks, meat hooks, coat hooks....

13. Long stretches of deserted highway--Seen too many horror movies not to add this one.


Any you'd care to share?

5 comments:

  1. Aww. I'm protect you!!! Except against spiders. ~shudder~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely with you on the clowns and bugs! No creepy crawlies or painted face men. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gives insight into my big brother's proclivities over carnivorous dining. My own fears have shifted after being forced to live alone while my partner traveled for work. In fact, some kind of little bug is looking at me right now and the word that comes to mind is actually "cute"! Go figure. Oh! There "he" goes - there and back again on some epic arachnoid quest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tess, just found this blog...niiiiiice list!
    [[[hugs]]] Byz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Tess! I've awarded you a Versatile Blogger award. The details are on my blog; check it out!

    ReplyDelete