What's in a Name?
I work with children and over the years have heard some crazy ones. Here's my Thursday Thirteen list of the most outrageous ones.
1. Kal-El--Yes, that's right. Poor kid was named after Superman.
2. Legend--That's a tough name to live up to.
3. ABCDE--Pronounced ab-sid-ee. Her big brother's name was LX.
4. Possum--Just like the animal.
5. Twenty three--The date he was born on.
6. Penisiluau--Pronounced Penny-si-luau. Proud Pacific Islander name, but all the other teen aged boys saw when they spelled his name was a party for dicks.
7. Neisseiria--Pronounced Nigh-seer-ia. Sounds beautiful until you learn it's the latin name for the germ that causes Gonorrhea.
8. Shithead--Prounounced Shi-theed. Honest, got it from a very reliable source.
9. Huckleberry-Dad was a Mark Twain fan.
10. Kidd--For the parent too lazy to choose a name.
11. Ellyptica--Exercise machine or physics term?
12. Caution--Would you date a guy with that name?
13. Oranjello and his twin brother Yellojello--Seriously. No joke.
I'm sure you've heard some doozies in your time. I'd love to hear them. ~~ Tess